Thursday, August 18, 2016

Poem/Song of the Day: BE OUR GUEST

Back in the day... okay in 1993 my friends and I used to get together and sing songs and make tapes for our brother's who were on missions and we just had a good old time being creative.  Some of these times are my fondest memories.  We only wrote one verse to this back then... the rest i wrote in 2015 and then i recorded the song and added the music.  I'm going to try to add the video but if it doesn't work it will also be posted on facebook and youtube.   I will post the links.  the maroon is what i wrote in 2015.  the black is what we wrote in 1993.  We being, Jennifer Blaylock (Jones) and Ticia Baker (Thornton).

BE OUR GUEST


Ma chere Mademoiselle it is with stomach howls
And sickening churning
 and nauseating growls
And now the gagging
 is nagging and with an
Uncontrollable urging your losing
 last night’s dinner.

Be our guest, Be our guest.  Put your stomach to the test.
Can you swallow, can you hack it can you barely choke it down?

1-2-3 up it comes, Yes by now we’re having fun.
While the florescent lights are glowing, the chunks begin a flowing.

Wipe it up!  What I mean is I need it fairly clean
but right now I’ll take the second best!

Will you wipe off my shoe?  Put on a bib or two,
and be our guest!  Be our Guest!  Be our guest!

beef ragout
cheese soufflé
pie and pudding ‘chick-fil-e
it’s never very pleasant
when you see this morning’s crescent
you are sick
and you’re pale
and you feel that you’re in hell
when you’re queasy and uneasy
and your nauseous just for breathing
when it comes you succumb
then you’re feeling oh so dumb
and it leaves an icky taste
that you can bet
it knocks you on your ass
you’ve earned the right to crash
so be our guest
though you’re stressed
what you’re needing is some rest
be our guest! Be our Guest! Be our Guest!

It is so disturbing
When those fluids are a stirring
Takes a toll
 when insides roll
 just can’t ignore
All those happy days
 when I could enjoy
Suddenly those good old days are gone!
Ten hours I’ve been thrusting
Feeling my middle is busting
It’s all so excruciating I could cry
These days I feel my body’s toxic
Specially cuz I lost it
How I hate being nauseous!

It’s a guest! It’s a guest!
Sakes alive you’re in distress
Tummy’s sore and you abhore
All of the cramping that has pressed
And you can’t help but heave
You just want some true relief
But your insides are all twisting
And you find that you’re just wishing
Is that corn? In the slop?
Hurry someone grab a mop!
Throwing up is not when we are at our best
The thing that makes you spew
Something you ate or flu?
Deep in your chest
Can’t digest
Be our guest
Be our guest

Be our guest! Be our guest!
All these things I have confessed
But sad because I cannot even get myself to dress
With each binge; come unhinged
When tummies pinch then I flinch
And the vomit keeps on flowing
It is misery that I’m knowing
Find the source; find the cure
Will it end? I’m just not sure
All I know is feeling better is my quest!
I’ve just about had enough
The last few days were rough
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest

Please be our guest!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment