Saturday, August 27, 2016

Poem of the Day

This was written in 1992 or 1993.  Something I think of often is a better world.  An ideal world.  A world of peace and tranquility.  In my idealistic mind, especially back then... over 22 or 23 years ago... of course MY idea of what happiness is was how i thought EVERYBODY's idea of happiness is..  I hope over the years my mind has opened a bit but the imaginings below still wouldn't be a bad place.  

DREAM WORLD


A man walked up to me one day,
He asked me to listen to what he would say,
He told me of a magic world of things that I could see,
He told me of a magic world of things that I could be,
A place where ignorance isn’t allowed,
a place where people can’t be proud,
a place where children can be heard,
a place of nature the song of a bird.
A place where the sky is still bright blue,
A place to do as I wish to do,
A place where God is still number one,
Money and greed are almost none,
A place of love where even I,
can laugh out loud instead of cry,
But the man I was talking to upon that day,
Disappeared and the skies turned gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment