Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Poem of the Day: An Ant Named Bob

This is kind of a fun, silly little poem.  I wrote it in 1993.  My friend challenged me.... or rather bet me that i couldn't write 100 poems.  So I did.  Admittedly many of them were extra ordinarily short and silly and nonsense for sure... but this one still kind of brings a smile to my face and if what you are reading or writing can't make you smile... or cry... or laugh... or feel something... then what is the point?  even if it has no point what-so-ever.

AN ANT NAMED BOB

I once met an ant by the name of Bob
he loved to each just shish kabobs.
He never ate corn on the cob,
He loved to eat just shish kabobs.
He hated eating lollipops,

but loved to eat just shish kabobs,
the ant named bob would always sob,

if he could not eat shish kabobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment