Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Alright world!  I'm finally doing it.  I'm going to post one of my stories to my blog.  I will do a page or so every 2 days.  I've been working on this story for awhile and i hope you enjoy...



Immortal.

 What an intriguing and mysterious concept. It’s what we all strive for

– to live forever. To never die. To exist forever and ever. To never cease.

The curse of Adam, though, dictates that man will die. And since the original

transgression being human means that eventually eternal sleep will triumph over life.

Throughout the ages, legends have been shared, stories have been passed on about

tales of everlasting life and how to achieve it. The fountain of life, the Holy Grail, and

dozens of other means have been bought to grant longevity.

It’s natural to long for more time – or forever. We live in a vast world, an

unfathomable universe with endless possibilities of things to see and do. It’s an

impossible thing to learn everything to experience all of the things that are out there,

especially with the limitation of the average human life span.

All of us want to accomplish amazing, remarkable feats. Accomplishments are

hindered, usually by two main things; lack of time and lack of funds.

Another interesting point, though, in all of the legends and stories we hear the

protagonist that achieves his goal of everlasting life finds that once he has gained

immortality finds that suddenly his existence is a curse.

There must be opposition in life. To appreciate life there has to be death. To enjoy

prosperity there must be the misery of poverty. To enjoy good health, one needs to have

the understanding of what it is to suffer sickness. To know what’s right, there must be the

Humans usually seek after the thing that is not good for them. They want instant

gratification. They want easy and convenient. But they want all of this without

accomplishment. They want the forever without the test.

For thousands of years this unfortunate truth has been proven time and time again.

That is, humans seeking what they can’t possibly have. Something that isn’t theirs.

Something they haven’t yet earned.

2 comments:

  1. I just had a stroke of inspiration...2 Nephi 2:11-26...read that then consider that the way to heaven is by eating the forbidden fruit, or by rejecting it, or by eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I like the last option the best because there is no record of what would happen if a mortal did that...I mean, no stories of that actually happening. It could be a harrowing journey to find the hidden garden of Eden, search for the tree, fight off the cherubim with flaming swords protecting it, eat the fruit, think you are about to die...the possibilities are endless. I don't know if this fits what you are trying to do in your story. We'll have to talk later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read also Moses 4. You should read the entire chapter, and especially verse 20 and on.

    ReplyDelete