Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Ogden Optimistic Edition 1

It is the beginning of a New Year!  Wow.  It's mind boggling to think that it is 2016!  So many possibilities. Today seemed like a perfect opportunity to post an entry to my blog.
For the last year I really haven't been doing a lot of writing.  That isn't to say i haven't been working.  I've spent the last year recording songs, recording my old stories and typing up my old stories and poems to make sure i don't lose them.  When you have a couple crates full of rough drafts and sometimes incoherent ramblings it's amazing how much space you can safe.  I accomplished two things at once really.  I was able to save a ton of space and get rid of a bunch of junk!
My entry today isn't going to be a poem.
I have been making up stories in my head since i can remember.  I've been writing stories since around the same time.  Unfortunately most of my earlier writings have been lost.  But as I was working on recording the works I have managed to preserve over the years I found this little News Paper that I wrote back in 1992.  The Ogden Optimistic.




Edition 1  November 20 1992



The Ogden Optimist!
Ogden, Kyle Matthews:  Everyday thousands of ordinary American citizens pick up a newspaper from their local corner store to find out what’s hot and what’s not.  They want to know what’s going on in the world or, it’s just cool to buy a newspaper.  We’ll now there’s a newspaper that everyone should read.  The Ogden Optimistic is the first newspaper that will keep you in touch with the world without dampening your day.  Find out the scores to the hottest games and enjoy reading the news instead of crying about it.

Bonneville vs. Clearfield
Salt Lake, Aaron Call:  It’s the highlight of every high school year.  The football state championships.  This year we had a particularly tough game between Bonneville (The Lakers) and Clearfield high (The Falcons).  The game went through the first quarter with no score for either team, but during the second half a streak of bad luck hit the Lakers and the Falcons scored.  The final score of the games was 27 to 0 for the Falcons.  But that’s not what this article is about.  On Thursday the 19 of November 1992 a school pulled together like never before.  Cowboys agreeing with stonies, jocks agreeing with nerds on one thing.  That their school football team was great.  The spirit in Bonneville high made everyone proud and it goes to show that people aren’t so different.  People are people and I’m glad that something, even if it’s a football game, can bring people together.  There is hope for the human race after all.  Way to Go!



The Great American Smoke Out!
Ogden, Sarah Benden: Yesterday was a great event in the lives of millions of American people.  The event; The great American Smoke Out.  The purpose is for people who smoke to not smoke for one day and for people who don’t smoke to promote their life style and show smokers they can live without smoking.  Slogans of ‘Kiss me I don’t smoke’ and others could be found on T-shirts, Buttons and banners through out schools.  Good Luck for those trying to quit.  I hope you make it.

One Good Turn Deserves Another!
Ogden, Mark Ericson: During the Holiday season there are people who are going to have things to eat and those who won’t.  What can we do to help?  A lot.  It doesn’t take to much and togeth we can give a family a meal.  We can get together and donate cans of food.  A dollar here and there.  Get together and make a quilt.  It doesn’t take much to do a good deed.

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Ogden: Kyle Matthews: Winter is here!  Sledding, snowball fights, and warm nights by the fire are here.  It started snowing Thursday night and didn’t stop until late Friday Morning.  Let it Snow!  Let it Snow!  Let it Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment